(1) For the notice required of persons acting in a fiduciary capacity for taxpayers or for transferees, see sections 6212, 6901(g), and 6903.
(2) For application by fiduciary for determination of tax and discharge from personal liability therefor, see section 2204.
(3) For the notice required of taxpayers for redetermination of taxes claimed as credits, see sections 905(c) and 2016.
(4) For exemption certificates required to be furnished to employers by employees, see section 3402(f)(2), (3), (4), and (5).
(5) For receipts, constituting information returns, required to be furnished to employees, see section 6051.
[(6) Repealed. Pub. L. 89–44, title III, §305(b), June 21, 1965, 79 Stat. 148]
(7) For information required with respect to the redemption of stamps, see section 6805.
(8) For the statement required to be filed by a corporation expecting a net operating loss carryback or unused excess profits credit carryback, see section 6164.
(9) For the application, which a taxpayer may file for a tentative carryback adjustment of income taxes, see section 6411.
(Aug. 16, 1954, ch. 736, 68A Stat. 744, §6037; renumbered §6038, Pub. L. 85–866, title I, §64(c), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1656; renumbered §6039, Pub. L. 86–780, §6(a), Sept. 14, 1960, 74 Stat. 1014; renumbered §6040, Pub. L. 88–272, title II, §221(b)(1), Feb. 26, 1964, 78 Stat. 73; amended Pub. L. 89–44, title III, §305(b), June 21, 1965, 79 Stat. 148; Pub. L. 91–614, title I, §101(d)(2), Dec. 31, 1970, 84 Stat. 1837.)
1970—Par. (2). Pub. L. 91–614 substituted "fiduciary" for "executor".
1965—Par. (6). Pub. L. 89–44 struck out par. (6) which cross referred to section 4234 of this title.
Amendment by Pub. L. 89–44 applicable with respect to admissions, services, and uses after noon, Dec. 31, 1965, see section 701(b)(1) of Pub. L. 89–44, set out as a note under section 4291 of this title.
There are no related Treasury Regulations for this Code section. To browse a full list of Treasury Regulations within TouchTax, view the "All Regulation Sections" option.
The preliminary Code is a preliminary release of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (the "Code") by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel and is subject to further revision before it is released again as a final version. The source of the preliminary Code used in TouchTax is available here: https://uscode.house.gov/download/download.shtml. The Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the U.S. prepared by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Treasury Regulations are a codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the federal government. The version of the Treasury Regulations available within TouchTax is part of the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations which is not an official legal edition of the Code of Federal Regulations but is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office. The source of the CFR used in TouchTax is available here: https://www.govinfo.gov/bulkdata/ECFR/title-26. Those using TouchTax for legal research should verify their results against the printed versions of the Code and Treasury Regulations. TouchTax is copyright 2022 by Com-Lab (Mobile). Learn more at http://touchtax.edrich.de.