(a) In general. The regulations in this part 300 are designated the User Fee Regulations and provide rules relating to user fees under 31 U.S.C. 9701.
(b) Applicability. User fees are imposed on the following services:
(1) Entering into an installment agreement.
(2) Restructuring or reinstating an installment agreement.
(3) Processing an offer to compromise.
(4) Taking the special enrollment examination to become an enrolled agent.
(5) Enrolling an enrolled agent.
(6) Renewing the enrollment of an enrolled agent.
(7) Enrolling an enrolled actuary.
(8) Renewing the enrollment of an enrolled actuary.
(9) Renewing the enrollment of an enrolled retirement plan agent.
(10) Taking the registered tax return preparer competency examination.
(11) Applying for a preparer tax identification number.
(12) Requesting an estate tax closing letter.
The preliminary Code is a preliminary release of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (the "Code") by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel and is subject to further revision before it is released again as a final version. The source of the preliminary Code used in TouchTax is available here: https://uscode.house.gov/download/download.shtml. The Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the U.S. prepared by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Treasury Regulations are a codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the federal government. The version of the Treasury Regulations available within TouchTax is part of the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations which is not an official legal edition of the Code of Federal Regulations but is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office. The source of the CFR used in TouchTax is available here: https://www.govinfo.gov/bulkdata/ECFR/title-26. Those using TouchTax for legal research should verify their results against the printed versions of the Code and Treasury Regulations. TouchTax is copyright 2022 by Com-Lab (Mobile). Learn more at http://touchtax.edrich.de.