(a) In general. A partner may at any time waive any right that the partner has or any restriction on action by the Internal Revenue Service under subchapter C of chapter 63 of the Internal Revenue Code.
(b) Form and manner of making waiver. The waiver described in paragraph (a) of this section shall be made by a written statement. If the Internal Revenue Service furnishes a form to be used for this purpose, the partner may make the waiver by completing the form in accordance with the form's instructions. If such a form is not furnished, the statement shall -
(1) Be clearly identified as a waiver under section 6224(b);
(2) Identify the partner and the partnership by name, address, and taxpayer identification number;
(3) Specify the right or restriction being waived and the taxable year(s) to which the waiver applies;
(4) Be signed by the partner making the waiver; and
(5) Be filed with the service center where the partnership return is filed. However, if the person filing the statement knows that the notice described in section 6223(a)(1) (beginning of an administrative proceeding) has already been mailed to the tax matters partner, the statement shall be filed with the Internal Revenue Service office that mailed such notice.
(c) Effective date. This section is applicable to partnership taxable years beginning on or after October 4, 2001. For years beginning prior to October 4, 2001, see § 301.6224(b)-1T contained in 26 CFR part 1, revised April 1, 2001.
The preliminary Code is a preliminary release of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (the "Code") by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel and is subject to further revision before it is released again as a final version. The source of the preliminary Code used in TouchTax is available here: https://uscode.house.gov/download/download.shtml. The Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the U.S. prepared by the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Treasury Regulations are a codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the federal government. The version of the Treasury Regulations available within TouchTax is part of the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations which is not an official legal edition of the Code of Federal Regulations but is an editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office. The source of the CFR used in TouchTax is available here: https://www.govinfo.gov/bulkdata/ECFR/title-26 Those using TouchTax for legal research should verify their results against the printed versions of the Code and Treasury Regulations. TouchTax is copyright 2022 by Com-Lab (Mobile). Learn more at http://touchtax.edrich.de.